We all know that coffee and wine are generally not the best things to drink should we want bright white teeth, but did you know there are foods out there that you should probably avoid should you want a big, white, bright smile.
Here are 5 foods that you might not realise could be causing damage to your teeth.
- Apples – An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but it might make you more prone to a dental High in acid, most fruits are surprisingly bad for your enamel.
- Diet soft drink- You might be under the illusion that since your drink is a diet drink it is not so bad for your teeth, but you would be mistaken. The acidity of diet soft drinks means that it is one of the worst things for your teeth.
- Peanut butter – Never oily and never dry, but a bit hard to move from between the crevasses in your teeth. Look for peanut butter that is low in sugar to reduce the risk of cavities.
- Popcorn is great for a treat with a movie, but its notorious for getting stuck in your teeth. If you are going to indulge, make sure you have the floss handy.
- Boiled lollies are delicious but are full of sugar. Spending quite a bit of time in your mouth, a boiled lolly has time for the sugar to attack your teeth leaving you open to bacteria.
For all your dental care needs on the Gold Coast call Advanced Dental Care Clinic on 07 5580 3555 for an appointment.