Most parents that are reading this have probably done the toothbrush tussle; we as parents know that we are only doing what is best for our kids but getting them to clean their teeth twice daily can be an arduous task filled with tantrums and tears. Learning how to get your kids to clean their teeth properly can definitely be a tough task.
At Advanced Dental Care Clinic on the Gold Coast we believe dental hygiene is important, but it can also be fun, so let’s look at some tips on how to get your kids to brush their teeth.
- Take your child to the supermarket and let them choose their own toothbrush and toothpaste with their favourite super hero or character on it. When you think about it, young children have very little control over their own day, they’re told where to go, what to wear and even what to eat, by giving them some control over the process you might be surprised at how well they respond.
- Lead by example; when your child sees you brushing your teeth, they will soon start to realise that it’s a part of their daily routine.
- In life, children know that they have to do things but often they’re not exactly sure why. Mum and dad are always there, and it’s seldom that children need to think about the repercussions of their actions, but unfortunately the effects of not maintaining their oral hygiene as a child can affect them for the rest of their lives. Take a few moments to Google images of children with bad teeth and show them what could happen if they refuse to brush, and then suggest some fun ways to get their teeth bright white.
- Set a timer and give your children a set amount of time to brush their teeth, kids do thrive on routine and when set a challenge you might find they will rise to it.
- Bubbles, bubbles everywhere, compete with your child to see who can get the most bubbles in their mouth when brushing their teeth, bring out their competitive nature for a great cause.
- Children love coming in and sitting on our comfy chair, we make a real fuss of them at Advanced Dental Care Clinic in Oxenford. We try and make oral hygiene as fun as possible. We don’t make them fear the dentist, but we educate them on dental hygiene.
Brush your teeth twice a day, everyday
Brushing your teeth twice a day is vital to the health of your teeth and your overall health. Visit Advanced Dental Care Clinic in Oxenford to ‘brush up’ on some simple ways to get your child to brush their teeth.